Home

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Dragon fruit, rambutan, mangosteen, oh my 😋

I've been on the hunt for a variety of exotic fruits.  About a year back, I thought I could only find such at idle eastern asian, or international mercados.  A few were so good, they didn't make this post. Lol. Like the cassava.  There was even one that I'm still not sure the name of.  Pictured first below.  I mentioned recently that sometimes whole foods selection can be limited.  However, I was reminded by my mother, and a few Asians.  That my local market carried what I was searching for.  I found some rambutams, dragon fruit, green figs, and mangosteens.  I cleaned them with about 1/2 a teaspoon of Meyers dish soap, a 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.  Then I ran them under some luke warm water.  Allowed them to soak for five minutes then rinsed them.  The rambutam is delicious.  A juicy grape with an almond for a seed.  The green figs were soft on the outside, with juicy tangy seeds on the inside.  The dragon fruit tastes similar to kiwi.  The mangosteen is sweet and sour.  I'm surprised, I wasn't looking for this one.  Yet, I probably enjoyed it the most.  Nature is beautiful and delicious.  
Unknown: hard, Cross between pear, apple, and potatoe. 

Rambutams:delicious. 
Green figs:soft, seedy, crunchy, sweaty, tangy.

Dragon fruit:similar to kiwi in texture and taste.

Mangosteen:sweet, sour, delicious






No comments:

Post a Comment