Home

Thursday, April 9, 2015

How I sleep w/ endometriosis

Having any chronic illness can affect our sleeping habits.  Women like myself, who have endometriosis experince many issues in and out of the bed.  Sleeping can be hard to come by.  Depending on how you sleep.  Personally, the actual bed can be the best quality.  Yet, if my body isn't comfortable, then I have a rough night ahead of me. After multiple surgeries, in a short amount of time, sleep wasn't easy.  
experimented with different mattresses and pillows. While paying attention to what position helps me to fall asleep, and how I wake up.  In order for me to fall asleep, I need comfort.  A lot of it.  
I noticed that I felt more at ease, if I slept on my side.  However, I needed a pillow between my knees, and one behind my back for support.  In the midst I was gifted a body pillow.  It changed my life.  It's similar to amaternity pillow.  Since I experience pain in my pelvis, the pillow gave me similar relief.  Plus a better nights sleep.  I don't know how I was able to rest prior to having this pillow.  Getting the proper sleep helped me heal.  I am forever grateful..


No comments:

Post a Comment