Home

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thank the heavens, my search had ended....



       My search has finally ended.   Long and behold their is a dairy and soy free cheese.  That actually melts!  The brand is Daiya.  Check out their website, to see which of your local stores have it.  I was intially skeptical about it.  I tried rice milk cheese in the past.  Needless to say it didn't melt properly.  The toast of a grilled cheesed would be burned, by the time rice milk cheese melts.  Nonetheless I was pleasantly surprisedwith the new brand.  Daiya.   It smells tastes, and melts just like real cheese!  Satisfying my long over due tastes buds..  I have been waitng years for this!

    This search was important to me.  Dairy causes extremly unpleasant symtoms.  Especially with regards to some women with endometriosis.  Especially me.  Dairy is somehing I will never eat again.  The side effects aren't just a little heartburn.  I can feel my body rejecting it.  Not only in our stomach, but the pain reaches the vagina and rectum.  I often talk about it with others.   I won't even eat it if I took lactose intolderant medicine.  I'm not brave enought to.  The side effects without it were bad enough.  Plus most digestive medication can only aid so much.
 
      However, when I did eat dairy.  It was terirble.  It contributed to bad mentrual cycles.  It doesn't actually help my bones.  My joints feel better now that I don't eat it.  Because my body couldn'y absorb calcium in that form.  Almoind milk by silk is my preference for an alternative.  It tastes really good.  And has twice the calcium as regular milk.  Even calcium supplements break my skin out and cause my stomach to hurt.  Not to mention digestive issues.  Which dairy milk cheese doesn't help with any of them.  Especially acid refulx.  I was taking to many digestive medications.

      Being conscious of what I put into my body has made me resepect it.  Most blessings are disguies.  Things that were neccessary to learn.  With endo,  some of us have an allergy to dairy.  Some worse than others.  You know your body best.  I payed attention and took note of my reactions.  Even my doctors did.  It's been both challenging and exciting in my search for sustinence.  I am so much happier now that I have found foods that I enjoy.  That are vegan, dairy and soy free allergy friendly.  Discovering Daiya cheese is proably the best thing I've found on my journey.

     The pictures are of the mac n cheese made witht the shredded cheddar.  I had to make an infamous grilled cheese.  Made with local bakery Breadsmith wheat bread.  They both were extremly delicious.  My whole family enjoyed the mac 'n' cheese.  I ate two personal sized portions.  In one setting.  It was so good!  I am eager to discover more foods to enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment