Home

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Castor Oil Pack


      Through my journey with endometriosis, I've found a few natural remedies along the way. They are quick and easy.  For menstrual cramps, gas pressure/bloating, castor oil packs work wonders.  I was introduced to them about four years ago.  They can be done frequently.  It promotes relaxation, circulation, and eases cramps.  DO NOT USE HOT WATER BOTTLE WITH CASTOR OIL IF YOU ARE ON YOUR MENSES.  CASTOR OIL PACKS ARE NOT TO BE USED ON MENSTRUAL CYCLE.  I also use this whenever I feel to much aching in my lower abdomen.  From my buddy endo of course.  I have also use whenever a cyst ruptures.

Benefits and Uses for castor oil:

  • Reduces inflammation
  • Increases circulation
  • Repairs damaged tissue
  • Pain relief
  • Relieves constipation and gas


You'll need:
Castor oil ( I prefer black castor oil.  However, regular castor oil works well)
Hot water bottle
Two Towels (ones you don't mind getting oily)
Tea kettle, or small cooking pot

      Bring the water to a boil.  While it's boiling.  Prepare an area for you to lay down.  This usually puts me to sleep.  Once the water is boiling.  It's ready.  I prefer my hot water bottle to be really hot.  If this is your first time.  Please be careful, and add cold water to adjust the temperature of the bottle. Pour it in the hot water bottle slowly, and cautiously.  I also fill mines halfway.  To much water in the pouch makes my bladder uncomfortable.  The water can be heavy.

       Place the hot water bottle on the abdomen.     Place the hot water bottle on the lower abdomen, below the uterus.  On top of the towel.  Do not place directly on skin.  Use the towel as a barrier.  Wrap the plastic wrap around your entire waist.  Securing the HWB.  The plastic wrap is optional.  However, it is recommended for maximum effectiveness.   I know you all will get relief from your endo aches with this remedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment