Home

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Battle of the Bulge

     There are many misconceptions about endometriosis and the women who have it.  Women like myself go through many strange circumstances. One of them is having an invisible illness.  Next is what people can see, they chose to ignore.

   Aside from the misconceptions. Which is manly ignorance. There are certain instances that make a woman with endo want to scream.  I always want to remain a lady.  Never loss my cool and modesty.  People being misinformed has lead me to to keep a lot to myself.  What I hold in are the many symptoms and residual side effects from endometriosis.  Endo also causes and is associated with the following:

  •  IBS
  •  gastrointestinal disorder
  •  acid reflux
  • diarrhea, nausea
  • vomiting
  • weight gain
  • weight loss
  • loss of appetite
  • mood swings/hormonal changes
  • ovarian cysts
  • PMS
  • pain during and after intercourse
  • painful bowel movements 
  • painful urination
  • heavy menstrual cycles
  • infertility
  • pelvic pain/chronic pelvic pain
      That's just to name a few.  It also causes abdominal bleeding.  Which comes from the scar tissue outside of the uterus. Adhesions also experience pain, rupture and bleed with me suffuse cycles.  The tissue reacts the same as it does in the uterus.  Me and my endo ladies that are stages 2-4 experience this monthly.  I have experienced all of the above.  I literally have to retain my reflexes.   From wanting to smack the hell out of people! 


     On top of the debilitating pain we experience in our abdomen.  That scar tissue not only hangs out on your internal organs.  But it loves sitting on nerves too.  We also experience sharp, shooting pain going down our thighs, legs, and feet.  Some women describe it as a stabbing pain.
 It is accompanied by PMS.  Women with endometriosis experience pain before, during, and after menstrual cycles.

     People on the outside looking in assume that we are lazy. That the battle of our bulge is only related to food.  That we women with endo should take time from busy painful lives.  To focus on our stomachs of all things.  Instead of or goals.  That endometriosis deviated us from.  I am speaking for everyone woman with endometriosis.  People are that low and inconsiderate.  The though sickens me.  The struggles on an endo girl are widely misunderstood.  There have been several endometriosis related suicides.  The bullying toward the bulge is brutal.  It comes from not only scar tissue, but many other ailments.  All of which are contained within the abdomen.

     I conceal mines in a cute way.  Disguising it with loose fitting tops.  However, they are also comfortable for me to wear.  The diagnose the disease through surgery.  Which involves blowing up the stomach with carbon dioxide.  So the doctors can see clearly.  Which is uncomfortable  By far the worst gas I've ever had in my life.  I could not breath.  My mother, brother, and father will tell you.  I would cry.  That plus asthma.

      We women are suppose to compliment on another.  Uplift each other.  Women who are concerned with what another woman looks like are insecure.  If you're so confident, there would be no need to address another woman's appearance.  It is October.  National Bully Prevention.  Take action year round.

     This post is for all my sisters who have ever felt ashamed of their tummys.  We are round and proud.  Society has distorted the image of real women.  Let alone women whose conditions have to do with their stomachs.  I think you are beautiful.  Share your stories with me.  On the bottom right side. Or email me at myendometriosisdiary@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment