Home

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Understanding and Processing Your Diagnosis

Ladies, after being diagnosed, I began to feel this overwhelming sadness.  It would happen periodically, then all of the time.  A depressing feeling. Over time, I was reminded by family and my partner that I am not alone.
That is what I want you all to know.  That you aren't alone in your fight with endometriosis.  A doctor's diagnosis isn't always the "end all be all".  Do not allow it to make you feel sad for long.  Although it is normal, once diagnosed.  Just try to relax, and remember that life doesn't have to go as planned.
Your going to feel, empty and lonely from the fear of not being able to carry a child (if you haven't given birth already, not all women with endometriosis are infertile).  Use the love that you'd have for you own child and begin to share it with those you love.  My advice would be to give another child in your life the affection you would have for you own child. Yes, I know it isn't the same.  Giving love can help you heal. It will replace your sadness with overwhelming joy. Remember to take care of your body, by following the endometriosis diet, which has been scientifically proven to help with mental health.  Know that you are blessed to be a living testimony for other women battling endometriosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment