Home

Friday, September 25, 2015

A band-aid for my soul....

  My coping mechanisms have evolved over time.  In the beginning,  I'd wonder why me?  Why now?  Continuously wondering what it would be like if I wasn't faced with these health challenges.  Overtime I realized that even if I didn't have endometriosis.  That life would still have its challenges.  I also needed to remind myself of my goals and how blessed I am to still be able to attain them.
   In order to gain some content, I have to be careful what I consume.  Not only when it pertains to food,  but the music I listen too.  The shows I watch, the books I read.  Everything has a purpose.  I had to realign.  Rediscovring the healing power of music.  While beginning to notice how the music in our society doesn't have a place for queens.  Only "bad bitches".   I began to listen to uplifting music for my spirit.  Songs that make you feel whole.  A band-aid for my soul... My favorite artist is Erykah Badu. The creator of neo-soul.  A fusion of r&b, jazz, and the blues.  Most people only know her by, "Tyrone".  Yet "on and on", "Ye-ye, "didn't chat know", "apple tree", spoke to me in profound ways.  She hypnotizes you by singing sweetly to your soul. Incorporating tuning forks, pianos, and percussions into her songs.  Badu is a known healer, who studied both the arts and alternative medicine.  No wonder her music makes me feel so good.  She will indefinitely be in my top favorite artists.  





No comments:

Post a Comment